MIXED BERRY FRO YO

26/07/2012

Last week I got on a plane and came back to Toronto for a couple of weeks to escape the un-ending rain of Amsterdam.

It's really great to be back here, I like this city. When I come back I always find something has changed, often for the better. Streets get cleaned up, restaurants open, the west end (where my parents live) gets more and more interesting and the weather is always better than I remember. 

Since I arrived it's been hot hot hot... In a good way though. It's hot, breezy, not too humid, always above 30. This is the type of heat that makes you run home and eat ice cream for dinner without remorse. And there ain't nothing wrong with that!

To celebrate this wonderful weather I've taken to making different types of ice cream. The first one I'm going to share is a frozen yogurt, it's dead easy and relatively low calorie. It serves a punch of berry flavour and is deeply refreshing. A perfect light summer treat.

Unfortunately you need an ice cream machine but I recommend you buy one anyways... just cause you can never have enough ice cream!


Mixed Berry Fro Yo
makes one ice cream machine tub

300 grams field berry yogurt ( I use Astro because it has no thickeners)
1 1/2 cups frozen mixed berries
2 tbsp of sugar
pinch of salt

Add all of your ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until it's all liquid.

Pass the mixture through a sieve to remove the berry seeds.

Pour strained mix into ice cream maker and churn until done.

It'll need to be frozen for another hour or so before you serve it.




2 comments:

  1. Nice one Martina! Enjoy Toronto! Hope to see you soon! Xxx from sunny Hamburg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to make this one when you come back!!

    ReplyDelete